Coeur d'Alene Mines
Based in Idaho, United States, the Coeur d'Alene Mines Corporation
is a public company, primarily focused on the mining of silver and gold. It is one of the largest Silver miners in the world and boasts a debt free unhedged gold
and silver portfolio
. It has active operations set up in Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Nevada, US, and Kensington, Alaska. The company’s shares are currently listed and traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Canada and the New York Stock Exchange in the United Sates. The company’s CHESS Depositary Interests are also traded on the Australian Securities Exchange
Going by recent data the company has a total market capitalization of $855 million and employs around 1,000 workers throughout its global operations. According to recent projections they are on target to reaching an output level of 20 million ounces of silver
by the end of 2009, which is an impressive 66% from 2008’s results.
Coeur d'Alene Mines
Corporation's business structure is operated by its corporate Officers, under the lead of an eight team Board of Directors. The current chairman of the board is Dennis E. Wheeler, working alongside several senior vice presidents in various sectors.
The company’s mining operations are outlined below:
1. Open pit silver and gold mine, located in Rochester Nevada, USA. This mine output 3,033,720 ounces of silver and 21,041 ounces of gold in 2008.
2. Open pit gravel deposit silver mine, located in San Bartolome, Bolivia. This mine output 3.2 million ounces of silver in 2008.
3. Underground silver mine, located in Martha, Argentina. This mine output 13 million ounces of silver since its purchase in 2002.
4. Underground Silver, Lead and Zinc mine, located in Broken Hill, Australia. This mine has output around 1.4 million ounces of silver in 2008.
5. Underground silver, lead and zinc mine, located in New South Wales, Australia. This mine has output around 900,000 ounces of silver in 2008.
The company has also started several exploration projects, more specifically in Palmarejo, Mexico, and Kensington, Alaska. Both sites are expected to begin production some time in 2009.
Copyright © SilverAndGold.biz 2015 All rights reserved.| Privacy | About | Contact